Posted on October 8, 2021
Are you a results oriented, self-motivated individual interested in a position that can make a difference within a well-respected company? Wixon is a growing and progressive manufacturer of custom flavor systems and food technologies. Located in St. Francis, WI, we have been blending innovation with a passion for service since 1907.
We are always looking for talented individuals seeking to build a career and join the Wixon family. Wixon has an immediate opening for a Quality Technician in our Quality Control department on first shift.
Responsible for the evaluation of raw materials, work in progress items, finished products and the maintenance of records and in process product/line inspectors.
- Conducts analysis of raw materials and finished goods, including insuring the proper execution of the setup, operation, documentation, and interpretation of test results.
- Quality checks of raw materials and finished goods samples.
- Perform daily line and safety inspections in production to ensure GMPs and policies are implemented and adhered to.
- Provide coaching and guidance to operations to maintain product integrity and safety.
- Data entry of results following a variety of testing.
- Assists manufacturing with product, process or facility troubleshooting issues
- High school degree required, college degree preferred.
- Relevant experience in the food industry preferred, but not mandatory.
- Experience with good laboratory practices and instrumentations.
- Must demonstrate great attention to detail and the ability to follow procedure.
- Basic computer, math, and good communication skills required.
High school degree required