Posted on January 28, 2021
Wixon is a growing and progressive food and flavoring manufacturing company located in St. Francis that has been in business since 1907. We are always looking for talented individuals looking to build a career and join the Wixon family. We pride ourselves on building employee’s skills through our ongoing training, and grow employee’s careers within a highly supportive team environment. Our people benefit from an encouraging and fun work environment and this is one reason why we have been in business for over 100 years.
Currently we have an opening in our Quality department for a Quality Inspector. This is a 2nd shift position, with the standard hours of 1:00pm – 9:00pm Monday-Friday. The hours will need to be flexible to accommodate the first time run schedules.
- Responsible for verifying the production process during component receipt, product storage, production, and outbound shipments to ensure product integrity and compliance to documented procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- This position serves as a link between production and quality control and therefore, the assignments in this role may vary as needed by the organization.
- This position has the responsibility oversee all aspects of food product integrity and/or product safety.
- Complete environmental sampling as assigned.
- Monthly screening inspections.
- Consistent work history and the ability to work in a manufacturing environment; food manufacturing experience is preferred but not required.
- Must demonstrate great attention to detail and the ability to follow procedures with basic computer, math, and good communication skills are required.
- Must be responsible for following quality control guidelines, as well as using sound judgment and good manufacturing practices (GMP) to ensure that a safe and quality product is produced.
- High School Diploma