Posted on October 25, 2023
Are you a result oriented, self-motivated individual interested in a position that can make a difference within a well-respected company? Wixon is a growing and progressive manufacturer of custom seasoning blends and flavor systems. Located in St. Francis, WI, we have been blending innovation with a passion for service since 1907. We are always looking for talented individuals seeking to build a career and join the Wixon family. Wixon has an immediate opening for a Quality Control Manager.
The Quality Control Manageroversees the daily activities of the Quality Control Department and related staff including establishing departmental policy, risk analysis and troubleshooting. In addition to, the facilitation of targeted quality improvement efforts, training, coaching and development of related policies and procedures to facilitating positive change throughout the organization.
- Assist Wixon Quality Management in developing tactical plans, policies, and procedures to ensure quality improvement efforts will meet or exceed internal and external customer’s needs and expectations.
- Develop and provide applicable staff training to achieve departmental expectations and additional company requirements such as cGMP, food safety fundamentals and corporate safety.
- Determine applicable sampling and analytical testing requirements for products that will assure product quality, consistency and food safety.
- Coordinate and facilitate all quality regulatory audits, inquires and execute company policy during regulatory inspections.
- Bachelor’s degree in science or equivalent required.
- A minimum of five years demonstrated experience in a leadership role in a food environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of all applicable analytical instrumentation and a thorough understanding of HACCP, food safety, and applicable GFSI standards preferred.
- Experience in the evaluation and disposition of raw materials, work in progress, and finished goods preferred.
- A strong background in food ingredients, chemicals and natural extractives and their functionality preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Wixon offers much to its employees, including an onsite cafeteria with an employee meal plan, as well as many other competitive benefits which include: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Educational Assistance, 401(k), Profit Sharing, Company Sponsored Employee Events, Paid Vacation, Paid Personal Days and Paid Holidays. Our corporate campus in St. Francis, WI is close to both the Milwaukee airport and the restaurants, museums, theaters, galleries, and shopping in downtown Milwaukee.
Please visit our website for more company information at www.wixon.com
It is Wixon’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, or physical disability.