Posted on February 2, 2024
Are you a result oriented, self-motivated individual interested in a position that can make a difference within a well-respected company? Wixon is a growing and progressive manufacturer of custom seasoning blends and flavor systems. Located in St. Francis, WI, we have been blending innovation with a passion for service since 1907. We are always looking for talented individuals seeking to build a career and join the Wixon family. Wixon has an immediate opening for a Capital Project Manager.
The Project Manager is responsible is the development and the execution of capital projects by adherence to budget and schedule and fitness for purpose, through project start-up. Assists in defining equipment needs for new product development, in defining equipment enhancements needed to improve production efficiency (routine processing improvement and automation), troubleshooting packaging material problems, and will develop procedures for development and qualification of new components, including plant testing.
- Define project goals, scope, and deliverables with the help of the project sponsors.
- Select and implement chartered project team for the more complex projects, including safety and quality assurance.
- Develop time for design basis definition, the design itself including the engineering contractor, the bid package, and the award of the contracts to execute the work. To include construction and start-up phase.
- Track project expenditures vs. budget and report on status frequently.
- Implement a change order system, including authorized approval levels, to review and approve project changes.
- Degree in Engineering, preferable Mechanical Engineering required.
- Minimum 5 years experience managing capital projects in a manufacturing environment. Pre in the food industry.
- The preferred candidate will be a team player, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The Project Manager must be a self-starter, a change agent, and have excellent project management and engineering skills.
Wixon offers much to its employees, including an onsite cafeteria with an employee meal plan, as well as many other competitive benefits which include: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Educational Assistance, 401(k), Profit Sharing, Company Sponsored Employee Events, Paid Vacation, Paid Personal Days and Paid Holidays. Our corporate campus in St. Francis, WI is close to both the Milwaukee airport and the restaurants, museums, theaters, galleries, and shopping in downtown Milwaukee.
Please visit our website for more company information at www.wixon.com
It is Wixon’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, or physical disability.