Posted on November 10, 2020
Packaging Supervisor – Second Shift
Are you a results oriented, self-motivated individual interested in a position that can make a difference within a well-respected company? Wixon is a growing and progressive manufacturer of custom flavor systems and food technologies. Located in St. Francis, WI, we have been blending innovation with a passion for service since 1907. We are always looking for talented individuals seeking to build a career and join the Wixon family. Wixon has an immediate opening for a Packaging Supervisor on Second Shift (12:30pm – 9:00pm).
Reporting to the Packaging Plant Manager, the Packaging Supervisor is responsible for material control and output processes of the packaging department. Delegating work to team members and the supervision of production employees or others assigned to the department.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Attains department or plant objectives for quality pounds produced, safety, budget controls and cost reduction.Provides leadership, training and guidance to employees to ensure effectiveness and establishing a good working atmosphere.
- Assigns job responsibilities to employees to meet planned production schedules ensuring proper equipment repair and operating techniques are followed.
- Monitors production efficiencies, production schedules, and labor utilization to maximize quality pounds or cases produced and minimize costs.
- Administers employee records such as time sheets, absences, tardy records, overtime, training and safety records as required.
- Provides support and leadership in maintaining ISO certification.
- Issues corrective actions for GMP violations, attendance, work rules, etc.
- Supports safety initiatives to ensure a safe working environment.
Key Qualifications Include:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management, business or other related field or equivalent preferred.
- Must be functionally computer literate.
- One to three years of demonstrated experience in a leadership role.
- Experience in food packaging or processing is highly desirable.
Wixon offers much to its employees, including an onsite cafeteria with an employee meal plan, as well as many other competitive benefits which include: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Educational Assistance, 401(k), Profit Sharing, Company Sponsored Employee Events, Paid Vacation, Paid Personal Days and Paid Holidays. Our corporate campus in St. Francis, WI is close to both the Milwaukee airport and the restaurants, museums, theaters, galleries, and shopping in downtown Milwaukee.
Please visit our website for more company information at www.wixon.com
It is Wixon’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, or physical disability.