Posted on October 25, 2023
Are you a results oriented, self-motivated individual interested in a position that can make a difference within a well-respected company? Wixon is a growing and progressive manufacturer of custom flavor systems and food technologies. Located in St. Francis, WI, we have been blending innovation with a passion for service since 1907.
We are always looking for talented individuals seeking to build a career and join the Wixon family. Wixon has an immediate opening for a Midwest Territory Account Manager to manage our business in the Wisconsin and Minnesota region. This person would ideally reside in the greater Chicago, Milwaukee or Minneapolis Metro Area.
The Midwest Territory Account Manager is a driven, goal orientated sales professional who is responsible for developing new accounts while managing the growth of a robust current book of business. This key role is responsible for driving sales performance and meeting overall customer needs within the Wisconsin and Minnesota region. This role requires an aggressive and dedicated self-starter ready to grow in a sales role under the guidance and direction of our Director of Sales.
This role will require the ability to service the entire state of Wisconsin, Minnesota and surrounding areas. The candidate can expect to prospect over the phone, through virtual mediums, face-to-face, through networking activities, tradeshows and by building referral partnerships. This territory will require up to 50% travel.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Servicing new and existing accounts, obtaining orders, and establishing new accounts by planning and organizing a daily work schedule to call on existing or potential customers within a specified region and across a variety of food and related markets.
- Working closely with customer care, R&D, operations, and sales management. Managing administrative tasks including price quote requests, commercialization’s, and customer follow up.
- Monitoring competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommending changes in products, services, and process by evaluating markets and competitive developments.
- Resolving customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
- Bachelors of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree.
- 5+ years related food industry sales experience required with industrial highly desired.
- Demonstrated success in an outside sales role focusing on: Excellent customer service, achieving sales targets, territory management/growth.
- Demonstrated background in custom sales solutions with an emphasis on closing skills, prospecting skills, solutions and negotiation.
- MS Office proficiency.
Wixon offers much to its employees, including an onsite cafeteria with an employee meal plan, as well as many other competitive benefits which include:
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Educational Assistance, Company Supplied Vehicle, Cell phone, 401(k), Profit Sharing, Company Sponsored Employee Events, Paid Vacation, Paid Personal Days and Paid Holidays.
Our corporate campus in St. Francis, WI is close to both the Milwaukee airport and the restaurants, museums, theaters, galleries, and shopping in downtown Milwaukee. Please visit our website for more company information at www.wixon.com
It is Wixon’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, or physical disability.