Posted on September 11, 2020
Are you a results oriented, self-motivated individual interested in a position that can make a difference within a well-respected company? Wixon is a growing and progressive manufacturer of custom flavor systems and food technologies. Located in St. Francis, WI, we have been blending innovation with a passion for service since 1907. We are always looking for talented individuals seeking to build a career and join the Wixon family. Wixon has an immediate opening for a Food Safety Specialist.
This role is responsible for assisting with the implementation, maintenance and improvement of Wixon’s Food Safety Systems including PRP’s, HACCP and GFSI certification initiatives, as well as continuous improvement activities.
Wixon offers much to its employees, including an onsite cafeteria with an employee meal plan, as well as many other competitive benefits which include: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Educational Assistance, 401(k), Profit Sharing, Company Sponsored Employee Events, Paid Vacation, Paid Personal Days and Paid Holidays. Our corporate campus in St. Francis, WI is close to both the Milwaukee airport and the restaurants, museums, theaters, galleries, and shopping in downtown Milwaukee.
Please visit our website for more company information at www.wixon.com.
It is Wixon’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, or physical disability.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assists with all aspects of the quality systems including the corrective action, preventive action, document management, internal audits, and the process improvement process, as well as other processes affiliated with a GFSI-based food safety system.
- Conducts a variety of Food Safety and Safety related training to employees at all levels of the organization.
- Coordinates the internal audit process and schedule to meet all applicable standards.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and management of effective food safety and security programs to ensure proper programs are in place to meet strategic goals as well as applicable regulations.
Key Qualifications Include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Food Safety or a related scientific field is required. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Previous food safety and/or food quality systems experience is desired.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience within the food (or equivalent) industry is preferred.
- A strong background in food ingredients, chemicals, and natural extractives and their functionality is recommended.
- Previous team leadership and/or training experience is preferred.
- Strong computer and people skills are a must.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, along with strong problem-solving skills are essential.
- Must be comfortable speaking publicly in either a training scenario in front of small groups or a presentation format in front of large groups.
- Environmental Health & Safety experience highly preferred.
A Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Food Safety or a related scientific field is required. Equivalent experience will be considered.