Posted on January 13, 2021
Are you a results oriented, self-motivated individual interested in a position that can make a difference within a well-respected company? Wixon is a growing and progressive manufacturer of custom flavor systems and food technologies. Located in St. Francis, WI, we have been blending innovation with a passion for service since 1907. We are always looking for talented individuals seeking to build a career and join the Wixon family. Wixon has an immediate opening for a Buyer.
The Buyer is responsible for assuring continuous supply and timely procurement of assigned items while adhering to fulfillment, inventory, and quality parameters established by the Company.
Wixon offers much to its employees, including an onsite cafeteria with an employee meal plan, as well as many other competitive benefits which include: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Educational Assistance, 401(k), Profit Sharing, Company Sponsored Employee Events, Paid Vacation, Paid Personal Days and Paid Holidays. Our corporate campus in St. Francis, WI is close to both the Milwaukee airport and the restaurants, museums, theaters, galleries, and shopping in downtown Milwaukee.
Please visit our website for more company information at www.wixon.com
It is Wixon’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, or physical disability.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Create purchase orders for all established raw material requirements and manage the process through release, confirmation, and delivery to meet delivery goals.
- Create purchase orders for subcontracted materials
- Ensure raw materials and packaging are available when required for production.
- Ability to analyze inventory demand and planning parameters to ensure accurate release of purchase orders and to assure the planning/forecasting software is driving accurate order information.
- Elevate potential supply risks to Strategic Sourcing team.
- Supplier management to assure consistent compliance with quality standards and specifications, shipping stipulations and on-time and complete deliveries.
- Optimize inventory; minimize conditions leading to stagnant/obsolete and expired shelf life inventories
Key Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 4 years of experience required, or equivalent work experience
- Experience in Food Ingredient/Manufacturing is preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Strong oral, written communication and interpersonal skills needed for dealing effectively with outside vendors
- Ability to prioritize in a multitasking environment